Wednesday 11 November 2009

November



On the 11th November I was stopped outside the IB office by a group of Film students. They had just been conducting live interviews in Torquay town centre and were asking about the poppy appeal day, rememberence day held in the UK annually evry year on 11th November. They asked me questions about this day and the significance of the two minutes silence held at 11:11 am on the 11/11 month. The interviewer was Dina and she was very smart in the way she asked the questions, she kept the questions very brief and did not interrupt me whilst I spoke. Semyon was taking the shots on the camera. It reminded me of the one time I had been interviewed live on Sky news a few years ago only Dina was better than the interviewer from Sky News in that she did not ask me "loaded" questions. It is good TOK to watch interviewers on TV with their suggestive comments. We all think we are strong willed and certain of our views and feelings but I found that when the camera went "live" with Sky it was a very unique experience and I allowed myself to be led to some extent. So well done Dina and the Film students, I think this must have been a very revealing and interesting experience, showing how real British people live and feel on a special day in the nations calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment